Sets a technical cookie recording you deny consent, you won't be asked again.
Removes the consent cookie from your browser.
How we respect privacy when we deal with personal information collected by our organisation
Preservation of your privacy is important to the National Youth Concert Band of Great Britain (NYCB) and we are committed to letting you know how we use your personal information and to making only responsible use of your data.
If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
1. Personal data that we process
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
2. How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
● reply to enquiries you send to us;
● handle donations or other transactions that you initiate;
● where you have specifically agreed to this, send you marketing communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
3. When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
● you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
● we are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
● we are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
4. How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Where data is collected on the basis of consent, we will seek renewal of consent at least every three years.
5. Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
● Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
● You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
● You have the right of access to your information.
● You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
6. Cookies & usage tracking
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, eg remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
7.Displaying content from external platforms
This type of service allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this Website and interact with them.
This type of service might still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
YouTube video widget (Google LLC)
YouTube is a video content visualization service provided by Google LLC that allows this Website to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
Personal Data processed: Cookies; Usage Data.
We respect privacy when we deal with personal information collected by our organisation. Please opt out if you would prefer not to store cookies related to this website. Please read item number 6 in the above policy for more information.
We also use social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) and their buttons to connect with/to their websites, so please read their cookie use policy to check what information they're collecting on you too.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of this site, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.